History

The Hessle Parish began to take shape in 1928 under the guidance of the four founder members – Kenneth John Lawson, Hugh Farrell, Wilfred Jerome Farrell and Norah Ann Lawson. The first ‘building’ was an Army hut from the 1914-1918 War and was set up in Oakland Drive, Hessle.

In 1950 the foundation were laid for a new church under the watchful eye of Fr. Currie and Our Lady of Lourdes, Hessle, was opened in 1951 – one of the first Roman Catholic Churches to be built in England after the Second World War.

Fr. Michael Marsden, who celebrated his Golden Jubilee on 2nd March 2019, leads the parish with the support of Deacon Chris Larwood. The laity are very much involved in parish activities. The spiritual and community life of the Parish goes from strength to strength and offers a warm welcome to all.

Subscribe to Newsletter

UPCOMING

There are no upcoming events at this time.

Address

56 Swanland Road, Hessle.

HUl3 OLY